Anti-Bribery Management System (ISO 37001 ABMS)
The International Standards Organization (ISO) launched the first global anti-bribery management system (ABMS) standard, the ISO 37001 in 2016 as the world-wide standard anti-bribery programme. It includes effective elements in combating bribery and corruption, in which the key components are:
- Bribery & corruption risk assessment
- Leadership: Board and management responsibilities
- Human Resources components: selection and training of personnel exposed to bribery & corruption
- Anti-corruption due diligence on organizations and individuals
- Policies and procedures: anti-bribery & corruption; gifts & hospitality; donations & sponsorship
- Financial and non-financial controls for detection and prevention of corrupt practices
- Supply chain integrity
- Monitoring, auditing and enforcement
This ISO standard demonstrates to clients, investors and business partners that your organisation has instituted the programmes, systems and more importantly the controls that raise your business defences and fortified the integrity of your business operations from unmitigated losses arising from corruption or corporate liabilities.
This certification is generally the last step in your integrity-building initiatives. Don’t worry, we will help you navigate through the review process and implementation toward obtaining your ISO 37001 certification.